Early Childhood Education Program
ECE - Year 1
At the end of this year, students will be able to do the following in English:
- Follow simple oral directions
- Express personal needs
- Repeat rhyming songs and poems
- Participate in group activities
- Socialize appropriately
ECE - Year 2
In addition to mastering skills from ECE – Year 1, by the end of the year students will be able to:
- Identify letters in the alphabet
- Produce correct letter sound for all letters
- Write their full name
- Demonstrate understanding of one-to-one correspondence for numbers up to 10
ECE - Year 3
By the end of the academic year, students will be able to:
- Read simple stories with controlled vocabulary
- Write a complete sentence on topic
- Solve simple (one-digit) addition and subtraction problems
- Demonstrate familiarity with other math concepts (money, measurement, geometric shapes, etc.)
- It all begins with learning the letters of the alphabet and the sounds they represent.
- We learn to be good listeners.
- Students begin to read independently
- Use of the Zoophonics program speeds up student’s ability to sound out new words.
- Reading is a shared adventure
After getting a peek at this little alligator, an unexpected visitor on school grounds, a student wrote a story based on this unusual experience!
"An alligator came to school. His name was Max. He first eats sushi with me. Then I go with my alligator to school. Max learns the ABCs. When school is finished we go to our house to play videogames. Last we sleep. My alligator sleeps outside in the pool."
Did you know?
- The number of text messages sent and received every day exceeds the population of the planet.
- There are over 2.7 billion searches performed on Google each month.
- The amount of new technical information is doubling every 2 years. It’s predicted to double every 72 hours by 2010.
Because we understand that technology is the future, ALL students receive instruction in our technology lab.
- Physical Education teaches Age-appropriate gross motor skills
- Is Fun
- Is Challenging
For more information, please contact:
Taizu Wold, Director General
+58 265 631 6032