Welcome to ELM
WELCOME TO THE YEAR OF THE PANTHER’S RETURN
The past 5 years have witnessed a transformation at ELM, a transformation symbolized by the mascot adopted each year. As Chameleons we changed dramatically (2007-2008), as Eagles we began to fly (2008-2009), as Gorillas we learned to support and protect each other (2009-2010), as horses we pulled together (2010-2011), and last year, as dolphins, we rose to the top! Now it is time to re-affirm our original identity. ELM is emerging from five years of change as a school community that is stronger, wiser, more fully committed to our vision, and better prepared than ever for the challenges ahead. It is time to once again become . . . the PANTHERS OF ELM!
This year at ELM you will see:
- Continued use of ELM’s multi-age, mastery-based flexible grouping system which has helped us transition many non-native English speakers into our program successfully, while also allowing us to challenge our highest-performing students
- Additional Mathematics and English levels in our Upper School
- Increased staffing to guarantee the small classes and highly individualized education
- A broader selection of extracurricular activities (25 options available in the first quarter!) for our growing student body
- A school-wide focus on reading!
- Renewed commitment to making the education we offer active, creative and participatory for all students!